LookingGlass Delivers Corporate and Supplier Cyber Attack Surface Analyses
Provides Cost-Effective Way for Customers to Evaluate Security Posture
RESTON, Va.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–LookingGlass® Cyber Solutions, a leader in threat intelligence-driven security, today announced the release of their Corporate and Supplier Cyber Attack Surface Analysis offerings, a measurable and cost-effective way for organizations to examine their internal security posture as well as that of their third-party vendors. The reports assess five categories of cyber risk, and unlike simpler, fully automated reports or “scorecards”, each section is reviewed and analyzed by expert intelligence analysts in the LookingGlass Special Investigations Unit.
The Cyber Attack Surface Analysis extends beyond vulnerabilities and network issues to provide real, actionable intelligence on an organization’s risk from threat actors, spear phishing and possible data breaches.
“Organizations can spend hundreds, and even thousands of hours each year manually assessing their internal policies and those of their vendors,” said Eric Olson, LookingGlass Vice President of Intelligence Operations. “Our reports offer a detailed, measurable and cost-effective way to provide companies an understanding of their internal and external cyber risks.”
The LookingGlass Cyber Attack Surface Analysis combines structured threat data from LookingGlass scoutVISION™; proprietary LookingGlass tools, systems and databases; and threat intelligence from the surface, deep and dark web. This single, unified “pane of glass” allows LookingGlass to examine an organization’s – or their vendors’ – cyber footprint for a clear picture of risks in each of the following areas:
- System Compromise or Infection: Identifies evidence of live or recent infection with botnets, viruses and malware on the client’s or vendor’s network.
- Compromised User Accounts: Identifies account credentials among billions of breached records.
- Vulnerabilities in Externally-Facing Applications: Maps the client’s public facing Internet “footprint” and itemizes the type, number and severity of vulnerabilities available to an outside threat actor.
- Domain Portfolio and Spear Phishing Risk: Analyzes registered domain names for fakes and look-alikes to identify likely vectors for spear phishing.
- Online Indications and Warnings: Examines feeds, posts and online chatter from more than 6,000 known actors and groups, as well as hacker channels and the dark web. Analysts then review any discussions regarding the client’s company, people, systems or accounts.
Offering clients a window into how these five attributes effect their own networks, and those of third party vendors, will enable organizations to quantifiably assess and measure their security posture as threats and information assets continually evolve.
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions has one of the most comprehensive portfolios of threat intelligence-driven solutions in the marketplace today.
For more information on the Cyber Attack Surface Analysis: https://www.lookingglasscyber.com/products/managed-threat-services/information-security/
About LookingGlass Cyber Solutions
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions delivers unified threat protection against sophisticated cyber attacks to global enterprises and government agencies by operationalizing threat intelligence across its end-to-end portfolio. Scalable threat intelligence platforms and network-based threat response products consume our machine-readable data feeds to provide comprehensive threat-driven security. Augmenting the solutions portfolio is a worldwide team of security analysts who continuously enrich our data feeds and provide customers unprecedented understanding and response capability into cyber, physical and 3rd party risks. Prioritized, relevant and timely insights enable customers to take action on threat intelligence across the different stages of the attack life cycle. Learn more at https://www.lookingglasscyber.com/.
Kate Davis, 410-698-5211