Threat Intelligence Blog

Posted January 4, 2016

 

Phishing Report: Top Targets

Week of December 27, 2015 – January 2, 2016
Author: Robert McDaniel

Phishing Report - January 4, 2016

 

In this week’s phishing report, we saw a decrease (>35%) in overall phishing activity for the top 20 brands we’re tracking, grouped by industry. Only Telecommunications (>15%) saw any increases in phishing activity last week. While Internet Search & Navigation (>50%), Storage & Systems Management Software (>45%), and Banking (>35%)  saw the highest decreases in phishing activity.


Our Top 20 Phishing Report offers a snapshot into the weekly trends of the top industries that are being targeted by phishing attacks. By pulling information from major ISPs, partners, clients, feeds, and our own proprietary honeypots and web crawlers, we are able to get a 360-degree view of the phishing landscape. The percentages posted on our blog are based on the sum of the phishing threats of the top 20 brands, and do not include anything below the top 20 threshold.

For more information, download our white paper, Four Steps to Effectively Protecting Your Organization from Phishing Attacks, or contact us for more information on our anti-phishing services.

Additional Posts

A Costly Reminder: Third Party Risk Management is Critical

We’ve all heard time and time again how important insight into third parties (or the supply ...

ICYMI: Our Top Cybersecurity Blogs of 2015

  2015 was another landmark year for information and physical security. In case you missed ...