Welcome to the Cyveillance Weekly Trends Report
Since threat intelligence is constantly evolving, we publish this weekly report to keep our customers updated on the latest threats across a variety of industries. You can read an abridged version below, and follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our blog to make sure you don’t miss any of the latest security articles from Cyveillance experts.
- Hacktivists are promoting a campaign dubbed ‘#OpRemember’, scheduled to launch on November 5, targeting “the global banking cartels, the oil and gas industry, the corrupt governments of the world, the bio-tech industry, and the mega-corporations that control our planet.”
- Start-up companies such as FarmLogs and 640 Labs, along with agribusiness giants Deere, Pioneer and Monsanto, are on the hunt for customers in the new agricultural field of Big Data.
- A new study reports that Russian-speaking cybercrime groups are primarily targeting US-based systems and online banking accounts. The Qbot (aka Qakbot) botnet, comprised of an estimated 500,000 infected systems, sniffed ‘conversations,’ including account credentials, for 800,000 online banking transactions, with 59% of sniffed sessions representing accounts at five of the largest U.S. banks.
- Multiple outlets have reported that ice cream and fast-food restaurant chain Dairy Queen has confirmed a security breach that may have compromised the payment card information of customers at several hundred locations across 46 US states. Computers at Dairy Queen locations were infected by Backoff Malware: A generic term for a software that is designed to disable or otherwise damage computers, networks and computer systems LookingGlass Cyber (n) - another type of cold that can destroy a computer by latching on to destroy other programs..
- A new variant of the Rovnix malware has additional features including a new Domain: A specified location where a set of activity or knowledge exists. For instance, an Internet domain is synonymous with a website address or URL where information can be made available. LookingGlass Cyber (n) - A fancy name for a URL or website. name generation algorithm and secure transmission channel for communicating with command-and-control servers.
- Internet service providers in Denmark have reached an agreement with a leading anti-piracy group. Rights Alliance will only need to obtain a single pirate site blocking order against one ISP and all the rest will voluntarily block the same domain names. While the entertainment industries are capable of obtaining blocking injunctions against pirate sites, each action has to be targeted at a specific service provider. That means rival ISPs are free to carry on providing access while an injunction might be issued against one ISP.
- Taiwan’s premier warns of increasing cyber-attacks from China. The warning comes after the FBI said that China is waging cyber-war against the United States.
Cyveillance clients get access to the entire Weekly Trends Report, covering all of the above topics and much more. Contact us to find out how we can help your organization.