Posted October 3, 2016
Happy National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). Again this year, LookingGlass is a NCSAM Champion supporting the importance of this initiative run by the National Cyber Security Alliance to promote online safety.
The NCSAM weekly themes are:
- Week 1, October 3-7: The Basic Steps to Online Safety and Security
- Week 2, October 10-14: From Break Room to Boardroom: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity in the Workplace
- Week 3, October 17-21: Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
- Week 4, October 24-28: Our Continuously Connected Lives: What’s Your Aptitude?
- Week 5, October 31: Building Resilience in Critical Systems
There are many ways to get involved and promote cyber safety throughout NCSAM and beyond, some of which are outlined by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) here: https://www.dhs.gov/national-cyber-security-awareness-month.
You can get started by:
- Be active on social media by using #CyberAware
- Print a STOP. THINK. CONNECT. tip sheet and display it in areas where family members and employees spend time online.
- Review and update the acceptable use policy for all technology (computers, mobile devices, networks and personal devices) in your school or office.
Phishing is one of the most prevalent cyber issues we continuously deal with, and it doesn’t seem to be going away. So, we thought this month would be the perfect opportunity to revisit the topic, which affects so many people around the world daily.
Each Tuesday, we will post a blog about phishing and how it relates to that week’s NCSAM theme. We are teaming up with some great companies for guest blogs, so make sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+ to be the first to learn when a new blog is posted.
Remember, stay safe online!
You May Also Be Interested In…
- [WHITE PAPER] Phishing Protection: Learn How to Prevent, Detect, Respond & Recover from Phishing Attacks
- [DATA FEED] LookingGlass Cyveillance Phishing URL
- [THREAT INTELLIGENCE SERVICE] Phishing Detection
- [SOLUTION] Dynamic Threat Defense